Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1286655
RFE: abrtd automatically compress cores
Last modified: 2017-06-01 15:17:29 EDT
1. Proposed title of this feature request
Automatic compression of cores in abrt
2. Who is the customer behind the request? Daniel van der Ster
Account: Gloucester Research
Account #: 697951
TAM customer: no
SRM customer: no
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
abrt should be able to compress the cores before they are dumped
on the disk.
4. Why does the customer need this?
In development environment many cores are created which
need to be preserved for analysis.
Costumer would like them to be compressed as they are generated on disk.
5. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
jfilak has some suggestions to accomplish it.
6. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
7. List any affected packages or components.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 transitioned to the Production 3 Phase on May 10, 2017. During the Production 3 Phase, Critical impact Security Advisories (RHSAs) and selected Urgent Priority Bug Fix Advisories (RHBAs) may be released as they become available.
The official life cycle policy can be reviewed here:
This issue does not appear to meet the inclusion criteria for the Production Phase 3 and will be marked as CLOSED/WONTFIX. If this remains a critical requirement, please contact Red Hat Customer Support to request a re-evaluation of the issue, citing a clear business justification. Red Hat Customer Support can be contacted via the Red Hat Customer Portal at the following URL:
This request for RHEL 7 which is still in phase 1 remains open and under consideration for 7.5.