Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1286798
[Docs] [Director] Document update procedure from OSP7 or OPS7y2 to 7.2
Last modified: 2016-03-15 23:27:01 EDT
We need to document the update procedure from OSP 7 or 7y1 to 7y2.
I've started an etherpad which can serve as the draft documentation:
The contents of the etherpad could still change somewhat, but the overall flow and stucture should remain stable at this point.
Let me know the best way to handle this process. We could save revisions to the etherpad or update this bz when the content changes, etc.
Assigning to Dan for review.
hi Dan, I think it looks great. I have some comments:
1. in section 9.3.4, the inclusion of /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/updates/update-from-vip.yaml for people upgrading is not needed when using an external balancer (like the next bullet for control_virtual_ip replacement)
2. the fix for https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1290826 is going to need another paragraph in 9.3.4:
when upgrading from 7.0 and if using a single network for the overcloud (the original deployment did not include network-isolation.yaml) then include the following environment file in the update command
3. in section 9.3.5, in the list of environments to be provided, after "Any network isolation files, including the initialization file" I think we might add a note saying "The external-loadbalancer-vip.yaml in case you're using an external load balancer"
4. in sections 9.3.5, in the list of environments, I would replace "Any version-specific environment files" and "Any storage environment files." with "The version-specific environment files if needed" and "The storage environment file storage-environment.yaml if you were using it"; this is important because *customizations* of any kind should go last
5. in section 9.3.5 the sample includes /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/updates/update-from-keystone-admin-internal-api.yaml but that is *not* needed when updating from 7.1
Adding bug https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1292035 to be added to the docs
*** Bug 1267318 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I think I've got everything from comment#7 added:
Was there anything else I needed to add to this section?
hi Dan, looks good except in 9.3.4, where you say to include:
the filename appears on a black background but it is not a command so it probably shouldn't, thanks!
Hi Giulio, this should be fixed now:
Closing this BZ.