Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1287102
Quota-Max CPU/Memory by tagging group doesn't work
Last modified: 2016-08-02 21:32:30 EDT
Description of problem:
The quota max tagging for group doesn't work on version 5.5.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
ALWAYS on 5.5
Works fine on 5.4
A provider set up, supporting provisioning in CFME
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to Configure -> Configuration -> Access Control -> Groups
2. Choose EvmGroup-super_administrator, press Policy -> Editing My Company Tags for this group
3. Add the Quota-Max CPUs = 2 or Quota-Max Memory = 2GB
4. Go to Virtual Machine, press Lifecycle -> Provision VMs
5. Choose template, fill in all necessary information (email, name of vm and etc)
6. On Hardware tab, choose the Memory (MB) > 2GB or Number of Sockets > 2 (values from step 3)
7. Press Submit and wait for request
Vm Provisioned Successfully
Error message "Request denied due to the following quota limits:(Group Allocated vCPUs 0 + Requested 8 > Quota 2)" or "Request denied due to the following quota limits:(Group Allocated Memory 0.00GB + Requested 4.00GB > Quota 2.00GB)"
test_infra_quota (tests for this bz in cfme_tests)
There's been a significant change in quota processing for 5.5 with the introduction of the new consolidated quota.
General Quota Change Notes:
Groups/users as the quota source.
Quota instance values specify max values for quota items.
Tags can be used to override instance max values.
Vm/Services had separate quota state machines.
Tenant is default source for quota.
Has the ability to use groups/users with an automate method change.
Tenant quota values are not overridden by tag values.
Vm/Services use single common quota state machine
It looks like this came up as a result of automated testing.
Should I close it as NOTABUG?
Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks you for response and detail information.
Yes, you can close this bz.