Bug 1287866 - Refresh fails on scvmm if vcenter is managed by scvmm
Refresh fails on scvmm if vcenter is managed by scvmm
Status: CLOSED ERRATA
Product: Red Hat CloudForms Management Engine
Classification: Red Hat
Component: Providers (Show other bugs)
5.5.0
Unspecified Unspecified
medium Severity medium
: GA
: 5.6.0
Assigned To: Daniel Berger
Jeff Teehan
scvmm:refresh:vcenter
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2015-12-02 16:19 EST by Alex Krzos
Modified: 2016-06-29 11:16 EDT (History)
7 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version: 5.6.0.6
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2016-06-29 11:16:11 EDT
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Alex Krzos 2015-12-02 16:19:32 EST
Description of problem:
Attempting to artificually inflate the inventory of an scvmm host by having it manage a vmware vcenter server and refresh fails with ERROR in the logs.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
5.5.0.13

How reproducible:
Ever refresh is failing in this environment.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Connect appliance to scvmm environment managing a vcenter appliance
2. Review evm.log for failures
3.

Actual results:


Expected results:


Additional info:


Relevant log lines:

----] I, [2015-12-02T16:13:19.361022 #14541:ebf988]  INFO -- : MIQ(ManageIQ::Providers::Microsoft::InfraManager::RefreshWorker::Runner#get_message_via_drb) Message id: [179], MiqWorker id: [11], Zone: [default], Role: [ems_inventory], Server: [], Ident: [ems_1], Target id: [], Instance id: [], Task id: [], Command: [EmsRefresh.refresh], Timeout: [7200], Priority: [100], State: [dequeue], Deliver On: [], Data: [], Args: [[["ManageIQ::Providers::Microsoft::InfraManager", 1]]], Dequeued in: [5.390953301] seconds
[----] I, [2015-12-02T16:13:19.361178 #14541:ebf988]  INFO -- : MIQ(MiqQueue#deliver) Message id: [179], Delivering...
[----] I, [2015-12-02T16:13:19.363831 #14541:ebf988]  INFO -- : MIQ(ManageIQ::Providers::Microsoft::InfraManager::Refresher#refresh) Refreshing all targets...
[----] I, [2015-12-02T16:13:19.363952 #14541:ebf988]  INFO -- : MIQ(ManageIQ::Providers::Microsoft::InfraManager::Refresher#refresh) EMS: [akrzos-scvmm], id: [1] Refreshing targets for EMS: [akrzos-scvmm], id: [1]...
[----] I, [2015-12-02T16:13:19.364024 #14541:ebf988]  INFO -- : MIQ(ManageIQ::Providers::Microsoft::InfraManager::Refresher#refresh) EMS: [akrzos-scvmm], id: [1]   ManageIQ::Providers::Microsoft::InfraManager [akrzos-scvmm] id [1]
[----] E, [2015-12-02T16:14:41.170509 #14541:ebf988] ERROR -- : <SCVMM> MIQ(Class#log_dos_error_results) #< CLIXML
[----] E, [2015-12-02T16:14:45.756867 #14541:ebf988] ERROR -- : MIQ(ManageIQ::Providers::Microsoft::InfraManager::Refresher#refresh) EMS: [akrzos-scvmm], id: [1] Refresh failed
[----] E, [2015-12-02T16:14:45.757027 #14541:ebf988] ERROR -- : [URI::InvalidURIError]: bad URI(is not URI?): /[DS_VC0DC0_C0_0]  Method:[rescue in block in refresh]
[----] E, [2015-12-02T16:14:45.757148 #14541:ebf988] ERROR -- : /opt/rh/rh-ruby22/root/usr/share/ruby/uri/generic.rb:1100:in `rescue in merge'
[----] E, [2015-12-02T16:14:45.757208 #14541:ebf988] ERROR -- : MIQ(ManageIQ::Providers::Microsoft::InfraManager::Refresher#refresh) EMS: [akrzos-scvmm], id: [1] Unable to perform refresh for the following targets:
[----] E, [2015-12-02T16:14:45.757308 #14541:ebf988] ERROR -- : MIQ(ManageIQ::Providers::Microsoft::InfraManager::Refresher#refresh)  --- ManageIQ::Providers::Microsoft::InfraManager [akrzos-scvmm] id [1]
[----] I, [2015-12-02T16:14:45.766722 #14541:ebf988]  INFO -- : MIQ(ManageIQ::Providers::Microsoft::InfraManager::Refresher#refresh) Refreshing all targets...Complete
[----] I, [2015-12-02T16:14:45.767010 #14541:ebf988]  INFO -- : MIQ(MiqQueue#delivered) Message id: [179], State: [ok], Delivered in [86.405850437] seconds
Comment 2 Greg Blomquist 2015-12-14 09:44:29 EST
John, is this a typical configuration for any customers?  I set sev/pri to med/med.
Comment 4 Jeff Teehan 2016-02-19 15:52:41 EST
It is.  Alex and I found this while working together.  It's kind of like the DVD bug in that we need to turn the problem on while it's being looked at and then turn it off again so that the rest of the testing can occur.  Happy to work with you guys on it.
Comment 5 Daniel Berger 2016-05-05 14:41:57 EDT
This should fix it: https://github.com/ManageIQ/manageiq/pull/8455
Comment 6 Jeff Teehan 2016-05-12 18:25:13 EDT
Per our previous work together, this is working as we decided.  May still want to back off the Bronagh checkin, but not for beta2.

Moving to verified using 5606
Comment 8 errata-xmlrpc 2016-06-29 11:16:11 EDT
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.

For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.

If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.

https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2016:1348

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.