Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1287920
Chapter 2 - Prerequisites
Last modified: 2016-06-16 00:26:42 EDT
The following content found in Chapter 1 of the Red Hat Satellite 6.1 Installation Guide must be formed into a new chapter called 'Prerequisites' similar to the following -
* Hardware requirements
This should include the storage requirements
* Support OS versions
* Package conflicts
* Sizing recommendations
* Supported browsers
* Required services
* Required Ports and Firewall Configuration
* Refer to the server requirements as far as possible; just specify the
For this chapter, the following overall changes must be made to the existing content -
* The existing content on machine requirements and storage requirements should
be combined into the section on hardware requirements, while the existing
content on operating systems requirements should be broken out and combined
into the new section on supported operating system versions.
* The existing content on Level 3 and Level 4 for supported browsers should be
removed so that only the supported browsers are listed.
* The existing content on configuring a host name and on 'Application
Specifications' should be broken out into the section on required services.
* The existing section on troubleshooting can be removed.
* The content on setting network ports should be broken into two sections - a
procedure outlining how to open the required ports, and a reference section
that contains the current tables outlining the purpose of each port.
Assigning to Peter for review.
See also https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1289050
Moving from QA, I realized there's more to be done.
After talking to Andrew I'm moving this bug to verified. The structure of the guide will be assessed again in a separate effort, so there's no point to keep this bug open.
This content is now live on the Customer Portal.