1. Proposed title of this feature request
katello-installer should also offer options to configure foreman-proxy settings
I need to configure foreman-proxy to start Puppet runs from Satellite web-ui. Currently I configure /etc/foreman-proxy/settings.d/puppet.yml manually. After every re-run of katello-installer this file will be overridden.
It would be great if katello-installer would offer such configuration options for foreman-proxy settings during katello-installer run.
2. Who is the customer behind the request?
Account: name and acct # <- please include both
RED HAT, INC.
TAM customer: no/yes no
SRM customer: no/yes no
Strategic: no/yes no
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
This will save time, without needing to re-apply custom settings.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Per 6.3 planning, moving out non acked bugs to the backlog
This was delivered in 6.2. GA, all foreman-proxy options are now available, including the various puppet run options:
--foreman-proxy-puppetrun Enable puppet run/kick feature (default: true)
--foreman-proxy-puppetrun-cmd Puppet run/kick command to be allowed in sudoers (default: "/usr/bin/puppet kick")
--foreman-proxy-puppetrun-listen-on Puppet run proxy to listen on https, http, or both (default: "https")
--foreman-proxy-puppetrun-provider Set puppet_provider to handle puppet run/kick via mcollective (default: nil)