Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1288448
[DHT]: remove-brick commit happened even thought re-balance failed
Last modified: 2016-09-17 10:54:17 EDT
Description of problem:
Done the remove-brick when glusterd is down in half of the cluster nodes, rebalance failed with issue "Failed to Fix the Layout" and commit et passed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a distributed-replicate volume ( 2x2, with one brick on each
server in a 4-server cluster ), start and mount, create data on mount point.
2. Kill glusterd on node1 and node2 ( these hold bricks that form one replica pair )
3. Start remove-brick on the volume ( other two bricks )
4. Check the remove-brick status //will see failures
5. Do remove-brick commit // will pass
remove brick commit is happening with re-balance failure
remove-brick commit should not happen when re-balance failed.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1258875 ***