Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1288554
[RFE] Provide command line guide for Satellite 6
Last modified: 2016-10-27 19:22:08 EDT
1. Proposed title of this feature request
Provide command line guide for satellite6
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Although there are various snippets on the internet how
to achieve certain things via hammer, pulp-admin,... customer
is missing a official guide from Red Hat how to do things via
cli (not API) and also some kind of guidance what should not
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Customer prefers using cli over api and hopes to get things done much
faster via cli than UI. Further on it is often much more convenient
to use cli as UI is often quite slow so there is no value seen in
using the UI when things can be done via cli
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Provide cli guide with example how to use eg. hammer to add and
sync repos, add hosts,.....
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
test commands listed in guide
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Thank you for raising this bug, and my apologies for the delay in reaching out to you.
Content on how to work with the command line is now available in the following newly created Hammer CLI Guide -
Based on the original scope of this bug, I will now close it, but please let us know if additional examples or scenarios are required, and we would be happy to take a look.