Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1288663
spice-vdagent(d) not running / working in current Rawhide (Wayland?)
Last modified: 2015-12-05 13:23:32 EST
If I boot Fedora 23 Final Workstation live, I see:
* a running spice-vdagentd service and process
* a running spice-vdagent process
* a /dev/virtio-ports/com.redhat.spice.0 symlink pointing to /dev/vport1p2
* various log messages relating to the above
With a current Rawhide live nightly - https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/work/tasks/1448/12051448/Fedora-Live-Workstation-x86_64-rawhide-20151204.iso - I see:
* spice-vdagentd.service does not start on boot at all (it doesn't start and fail, it just doesn't run)
* spice-vdagent tries to run but fails: "Cannot access vdagent virtio channel /dev/virtio-ports/com.redhat.spice.0"
* /dev/virtio-ports/com.redhat.spice.0 indeed does not exist, and neither does /dev/vport1p2 ; there are no log messages relating to it at all (not even any failure messages)
* spice-vdagentd.service can be started manually, but doing so doesn't result in the port appearing
I'm not too familiar with the way this stuff works so I don't know what the root problem is, but clearly, it's completely not working in Rawhide at present.
Can you attach the VM xml?
Same rawhide host used for both tests?
If the VM config is correct, but the /dev/* bits aren't showing up, I suspect a kernel issue. libvirt/qemu should be adding a virtio-serial device to the VM, which shows up as the /dev paths in the VM os.
Ah - yeah, somewhere along the line, I lost the spice channel from the VM configuration. My bad, sorry.
There's still something wrong as cut/paste from the host to the guest isn't working even though both SPICE and qemu agents are running, but not sure what's going on there...