From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040510
Description of problem:
As I am on an expensive link, I'll submit all my minor documentation
nags in one bug.
- "Intro 3.1. Send in Your Feedback" we should also specify the
product against which to file, using the nifty bugzilla bug report
form forces you to choose a product before the component. And I was
unable to find a 'rh-gfsg' component.
- "188.8.131.52. Stunnel Utility" should also say "install stunnel with
up2date stunnel" as stunne is part of RHEL 3
- "9.9. Configuring atime Updates" add a reference to stat(2) as the
text, while being right, will probably confuse users. Text suggestion:
"see 'man 2 stat' for more details on these times."
- "9.13.1. Usage", "Table 9-5. CDPN Variable Values" if we really
must say "echo `uname -n`" instead of just "uname -n", then make sure
that the PDF verion of the manual ends up using backquotes and not
simple (forward) quotes. I did not check what kind of quotes the html
manual ended up with
- "9.15. Restarting a GFS Cluster" describes starting a GFS cluster,
not _re_starting it. just add the previous section (stopping a GFS
cluster) as step 0
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Thanks very much for the comments. A documentation component, rh-gfsg,
has been added to Red Hat Bugzilla. Other comments will be addressed
in the next release of the Red Hat GFS Administrator's Guide. Thanks
again for the comments.
I have two more minor nags and I'll just append them here:
- "184.108.40.206. perl-Net-Telnet Module" this is not part of RHEL 3 but
we ship it on the GFS ISO. As such the docs should not say "use
up2date perl-Net-Telnet" but rather "install perl-Net-Telnet from the
- "C.3.3. Setup Process", "5. Create CCS files" the following line
servers = ["n01"] ]
servers = ["n01"]
i.e. no second closing square bracket.
Thanks again. Will research and resolve in next release of document.
Appreciate the feedback.
These issues have been resolved and are available in the
_Red_Hat_GFS_6.0_Administrator's_Guide_ at the following
redhat.com documentation page: