Description of problem:
- GUI software updater missing after update to 7.2
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- RHEL 7.2 GA
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Update to RHEL 7.2 from a prior version
- package gpk-update-viewer missing
- 'Software Update' enu option missing
- 'Software Update' menu option available
- This issue is resolvable by simply installing gpk-update-viewer, however this is confusing customers as the software update menu option is missing in gnome. What's happening to cause this?
It looks like gnome-software isn't being installed as it's a new package which is probably what we want, as we didn't want to go down the obsoletes route.
The old gnome-packagekit base package is now a common package shared between all others, which is probably what's being updated rather than the others being *installed* at the same time.
What I hink we can do is:
* create a gnome-packagekit-common that they all depend on
* make the metata-base package depend on all the subpackages except -common
This should fix upgrades I think.
Richard, any update on getting your suggested fix in place ?
* Wed May 18 2016 Richard Hughes <email@example.com> - 3.14.3-6
- Create a -common subpackage and make the "parent" package depend on all
the split out applications. This fixes upgrades from old versions.
- Resolves: #1290868
Software Update is not missing anymore.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.