Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1293591
v2v: external provider "test" button failed when using "any data center" value.
Last modified: 2017-02-01 09:36:32 EST
Description of problem:
- Trying to "test" valid VMware environment from add external provider dialog,
failed with java.lang.NullPointerException ERROR.
- This issue is relevant only when selecting "any data center" in data center dropbox.
- It is possible to add VMware provider with or without selecting DC in data center dropbox.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Browse webadmin and navigate to left pane -> external provider -> add
2. Enter valid VMware parameters, leave data center dropbox with "any data center" value.
3. click test.
4. Select DC in data center dropbox and click test button.
5. select "any data center" in data center dropbox and click ok.
3. Action failed. engine.log shows java.lang.NullPointerException ERROR
4. Test passed.
5. VMware environment added properly. also VMware VMs can be queried and imported using this provider.
Test should pass also when using "any data center" value.
engine and vdsm log attached.
engine events timing:
test without selecting DC - 2015-12-22 11:52:41,464
test with DC selected - 2015-12-22 11:53:10,302
clicking ok without selecting DC - 2015-12-22 11:53:39,866
Created attachment 1108604 [details]
Created attachment 1108605 [details]
(In reply to Nisim Simsolo from comment #1)
> Created attachment 1108604 [details]
log does not contain the interval you mention. Please attach relevant log
Target release should be placed once a package build is known to fix a issue. Since this bug is not modified, the target version has been reset. Please use target milestone to plan a fix for a oVirt release.
Created attachment 1119881 [details]
Please see engine.log_new.gz --> 2016-01-31 14:56:42,923 ERROR [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.GetVmsFromExternalProviderQuery] (ajp-/127.0.0.1:8702-5) [2340e6e9] Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
postponing this one for next release due to capacity.
The fix for this issue should be included in oVirt 4.1.0 beta 1 released on December 1st. If not included please move back to modified.
Verified with the next external providers:
KVM (qemu+ssh and qemu+tcp)