Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1294088
[DOCS] Failed install warning for Multiple Masters
Last modified: 2017-12-30 17:40:35 EST
Document URL: https://docs.openshift.com/enterprise/3.1/install_config/install/advanced_install.html#installer-known-issues
Section Number and Name: Failed install on HA environment
Describe the issue:
**"On failure of the Ansible installer, you must start from a clean operating system installation. If you are using virtual machines, start from a fresh image."**
- The warning here is very concerning when deploying a HA environment. Once the environment is up and running in order to add additional masters or etcd hosts the installer must be run again. This warning suggests that if the install fails the whole production environment is jeopardized.
Suggestions for improvement:
- Add information on what is needed to add additional masters and etcd hosts.
- Add trouble shooting steps if install failed
- Add information on what the ansible installer changes when rerun
- Add information on what is changed when adding another master, ectd, or node.
- Clarify that this warning is only on fresh installs (if that is the case)
Looks like information was updated to include HA environments.
I am closing this bug, but please feel free to reopen if the added information is not enough.