Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1296558
v2v:sort the list of VMs by name
Last modified: 2016-07-11 19:55:17 EDT
Description of problem:
When loading available VMs to import, "Virtual machines on source" are not sorted by any order.
It would be better if the sort order will be alphabetically (like in Virtual machines tab for example).
Incorrect sorting is also true for "virtual machines to import" list.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Browse webadmin and open "import" dialog.
2. Enter VMware environment details and click "load" button.
VMs listed in "virtual machines on source"/"virtual machines to import" are not listed by any logical order.
Both lists should be sorted in an alphabetically order.
See attached screenshots.
converting this one to 4.1 RFE.
sorting by name should be fairly simple (note that generic sortable columns would be much more complicated, so let's not over engineer this)
Moving from 4.0 alpha to 4.0 beta since 4.0 alpha has been already released and bug is not ON_QA.
Please note that after the bug fix, both lists ("Virtual Machines on Source" and "Virtual Machines to Import" are now displaying the VMs sorted, in an alphabetically order by VM name (the same order as displayed in the Storage->VM Import list).
The lists remains sorted at any given moment: after loading the VMs to import and also after dragging the VMs from list to list.
1. Create VMs in VMwrae with diverse naming (names that start with numbers, with capital letters and symbols)
2. Browse webadmin -> Virtual machines tab -> import
2. Insert VMware details and click "load" button.
3. Verify VMs in "Virtual Machines on Source" pane are sorted in alphabetical order.
4. Move all VMs to "Virtual Machines to Import" pane.
5. Verify VMs are sorted in alphabetical order.
6. Move some VMs back to "Virtual Machines on Source" and verify both panes are sorted in alphabetical order.
6. Click "next" button.
5. Verify second import dialog is also sorting VMs in alphabetical order.
6. click "back" button.
7. Verify VMs in both panes are sorted in alphabetical order.
8. insert different VMware environment details and click "load" button.
9. Verify VMs from the previous load are not listed anymore. and the last "load" VMs are listed in alphabetical order.
scenario added to v2v test plan.
oVirt 4.0.0 has been released, closing current release.