Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 129752
gd would not install, plus: time estimates, root shell, etc.
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:47 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040510
Description of problem:
1. For no apparent reason, gd would not install
2. Where I was told I could Control-Alt-Delete,
I could not, and had to hard-reboot.
3. A number of times I was told that I did not
have enough room on the disk. It would be
nice to have a root shell open, in order to
delete files, and be able to continue. It
takes a _long_ time to get to that point,
after an additional reboot or two.
4. It would be nice to have an _initial_ time
estimate for the install.
5. I found that the time estimate was highly
inaccurate (and nonlinear).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. basic install
Reassigning to anaconda as it seems to be an installation problem, not
a problem of the gd package itself.
Read ya, Phil