Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1298612
[RFE] RHEV-H should allow configuring multiple nics during setup
Last modified: 2016-08-23 16:31:24 EDT
[RFE] RHEV-H TUI should allow configuring multiple nics.
Description of problem:
Right now RHEV-H TUI allows to configure only one network interface. Configuring any additional will reset the previous configuration.
There is a scenario, in which a second nic is required to be configured:
- Hosted Engine setup
- rhevm logical network is separate from the network for HE VM storage domain. And in order to proceed with HE setup, both networks should be configured.
(since there is no RHEVM yet to configure additional networks.)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install RHEV-H.
2. On Network configuration screen, configure one nic and save network.
3. On Network configuration screen, attempt to configure additional nick.
The system would delete the configuration of the first nick.
The system should let the second nick to be configured.
This will definetly be handled in RHEV-H Next, where cockpit can be used to configure multiple nics.
This is non trivial to achieve in RHEV-H vintage.
Sure. We just need to keep in mind that this scenario is possible as well. And handle it in the next implementation.
(In reply to Fabian Deutsch from comment #2)
> This will definetly be handled in RHEV-H Next, where cockpit can be used to
> configure multiple nics.
Can be moved to ON_QA?
Steps to test:
1. Install Node Next
2. Enter cockpit
3. Configure multiple (at least 2) NICs with different networks
4. Run hosted-engine-setup (on the console) and use a storage device on one of the two networks
After 4: he-setup completes successfully.
*** Bug 1333450 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
1. Install rhev-hypervisor7-ng-4.0-20160527.0
2. Enter cockpit
3. Configure 2 NICs with different networks
1. After step2, the 2 NICs can be up at the same time.
So this issue is fixed in rhev-hypervisor7-ng-4.0-20160527.0.
*** Bug 1356352 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Removing a line from doctext due to bug 1367669, however, using ifcfg files, a user can still configure multiple interfaces on RHVH, thus keeping the RFE on this target milestone.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.