Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1298753
keyboard layout switcher missing on the login screen
Last modified: 2016-11-04 02:39:50 EDT
Created attachment 1114981 [details]
Description of problem:
- keyboard layout switcher missing from login screen after updating
- unable to change keyboard layouts at login screen
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Configure gnome or KDE for desired layout
2. configure keyboard switcher layouts
3. upgrade to 7.2 and reboot
- keyboard layout switcher missing
- GDM does not follow layout parameters for either KDE or Gnome
- able to switch keyboards as usual
see attached screenshot. There is a physical gap where the switcher should be.
This issue does not exist in RHEL 7.2 server, only 7.2 workstation.
Created attachment 1115876 [details]
Created attachment 1115877 [details]
Attached gsettings from 7.2 server showing that there is no change between US and Danish keyboard settings, as well as sosreport from 7.2 server.
- Upgraded from 7.1 -> 7.2
- They used the attached kickstart to configure gnome
- waiting on response from customer for 00-keyboard.conf and localectl outputs
I am able to configure multiple keyboard layouts for the login screen on a machine with KDE or GNOME.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.