Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1299260
Downloading stuff from Firefox fails
Last modified: 2016-08-16 00:06:59 EDT
Description of problem:
Fedora 22 with latest patches updated to 15 Jan 2016
Firefox 43.0.3: downloading files fails
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. try to download something directly.
2. fails immediately, shown as failed download
Here are the experiments I've done:
1. New user, new account, pristine Firefox as coming out of the box, fails, including the safe mode (reset is meaningless for new installs)
2. Downloads are OK via specialized plugins
3. Downloads are OK with Google Chrome
4. Another user who had the Firefox 43.0.3 opened for a while, have the downloads working (?!), verified by me in person
5. SELinux is in permissive mode (besides, the downgrade works)
6. Workaround: downgrading Firefox to 38.0.1 works
My educated guess so far: is either a bug in 43.0.3 or a bug that is triggered by linking to specific version of external libraries.
2+3+5 suggest it is not a permissions problem
1+6 suggests it's a specific version problem
4 is strange: maybe it'a a Firefox bug that is triggered by a specific version of a liked library ? Could not duplicate, sorry.
Thank you for your attention.
Can you please test latest build from koji?
I have a report that it's fixed there from another user.