Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1299830
Open several file types, such as .json, from Repository View not working
Last modified: 2016-01-26 04:55:39 EST
Description of problem:
When the Project Explorer is showing the Repository View and you browse to a file such as a .json file then try to open it, instead of the file being opened in an appropriate editor or viewer, a page for uploading files is opened. This happens for .json, .gif, .png files, and other file types as well.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login to Business Central and go to Project Authoring
2. Create or open a Business Process at this point, as this causes some files to be created in a project folder called 'global'
3. Select "Repository View" in the Project Explorer
4. Go to the folder '/global' in the project
5. Click on a .json file e.g. "customeditors.json", or a .png / .gif file
6. Instead of file being opened in an editor or viewer, a page opens which is for uploading or downloading files.
The file should be opened in an appropriate editor or viewer
A file upload / download page is opened
This is entirely by design. BxMS doesn't have any editors for JSON, GIF, PNG etc so it routes to a screen that allows you to download the file and upload new versions. Closing as this is not a bug. If you'd like, for an example, BxMS to include a PNG/GIF etc "viewer" I'd think it should be the subject of a RFE.