Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1300298
[RFE] keepalived vrrp id should be configurable
Last modified: 2017-10-24 13:43:06 EDT
- Proposed title of this feature request
keepalived vrrp id should be configurable
- What is the nature and description of the request?
vrrp id should be configurable on the keepalive/ipfailover pods.
- Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
If you have multiple ipfailover in the same network, keepalived wont work in openshift anymore. Currently it is required to manually enter all node ips at the UNICAST parameter.
- How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
- configure vrrp id via oadm ipfailover
- For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
- Inside the keepalived pod, in the keepalived.conf I see the vrrp id, also in tcpdump, too.
- Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
- Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target?
- Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
- List any affected packages or components.
Openshift Enterprise, ipfaliover components
- Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Related upstream PR: https://github.com/openshift/origin/pull/6775
PR merged - assigning to QE.
oadm ipfailover ... --vrrp-id-offset=<n>
See: oadm ipfailover --help for usage.
The new option has been added to latest OSE build 2016-02-12.2
But the changes were not applied to latest keepalived docker image, image id d96b1dcabb83
Move the bug back.
This fix will make it in to today's build. I'm setting needinfo on Troy to move it ON_QA once the build it ready.
The short of it is that our release tooling didn't catch that files under images/ipfailover/keepalived/ had been modified. We'll have that fixed today too.
This fix is in the images created yesterday. You should be able to test now.
Tested with OSE build v126.96.36.1993 and ipfailover image 8281a58255a1
Issue has been fixed.
On a multinode env, two groups of keepalived can work separately with different vrrp-id.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.
docs PR: https://github.com/openshift/openshift-docs/pull/2950