Description of problem:
When using Kugar Designer (kudesigner) and saving a template file
(*.kut) the file is saved in some sort of binary format as opposed to
plain text. Noticed problem when I was trying to produce a "sum"
field while working through the on-line how-to.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Kugar (as far as I know) is part of koffice. Version of koffice
installed is koffice-1.3-6.
Every instance tried reproduces the binary *.kut file.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run sample *.kud (sample1.kud) file against sample *.kut
(sample1.kut) file and see Kugar report with sum visible.
2. Cat sample *.kut file (sample1.kut) and check to see if it is
plain text readable.
3. Open sample *.kut file (sample1.kut) in Kugar Designer (kudesigner).
4. Make no modification to the file and save it (or export it).
5. Cat sample1.kut and see lots of binary unreadable characters.
5. Run sample *.kud file (sample1.kud) against now binary formatted
template (sample1.kut) and see report without sum attached.
*.kut files are being saved in some sort of binary format. Kugar can
read the template but is unable to produce sums.
*.kut files should be saved in readable plain text format. Kugar can
read the template and produce sums on the report.
I submitted this to bugzilla at KDE as well and have received input as
to the binary file type. Turns out that Kugar Designer 1.3 or better
zip archives the kut files now.
I still am having problems concerning calculated fields.
See http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=87445 for more info.
If KDE determines the bug to be on their side, I will request this bug
report to be closed here.
Hmmm, I see that this has already been closed. I guess I will reopen
if KDE people say the bug is with Fedora.
Curious, I never received an email as to the status change.