Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1301698
Networkmanager GUI does not display password dialog box for wifi
Last modified: 2016-01-28 20:04:00 EST
Description of problem:
When connecting to a new wireless network protected by a WPA password, no password dialog box is displayed for the user to enter a password. This makes it extremely hard to log onto new networks.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Unable to determine.
100% of the time.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. System Menu --> Wireless networks
2. Select Network
3. Pick a WPA protected wifi you haven't connected to before
4. The new connection will hang on "Autentication required"
5. No password dialog will be displayed.
4. A password dialog should display to enter the WPA password.
New F23 install as of 2 weeks ago on brand-new Levono Carbon X1.
Fixed in the latest Fedora23 updates. Closing.