Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 130211
Featurezilla: Change owner and state at the same time
Last modified: 2007-04-18 13:10:32 EDT
Something that I constantly run into in both Featurezilla and Bugzilla is that
one can't change both the owner and state at the same time.
For example, if a feature is in
NEEDINFO owned by dff
and I want to convert it to
ASSIGN_TO_PM owned by rperkins
Then I need to do it in two transactions:
(1) Change the owner to rperkins and submit
(2) Change the state to ASSIGN_TO_PM and submit
Problems with this:
(1) Wastes time for heavy Fz users and increases probability
of user error (e.g. submit, move on to another bug,
forget to come back and submit again)
(2) If you try to change the state *and* owner at the same
time, it will submit but not change the owner. Many
people seem to do this and not notice that their update
(3) It doubles the amount of bugzilla spam when things have
to get submitted twice in quick succession like this.
Don't see why at least the Fz template couldn't be changed to allow both owner
and state to be set to arbitrary values on submit?
Should be fixed now in the latest beta and will be in the final production
version. Please reopen this bug if not satisfactory.