Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1302694
[scale] - shut down vms gets stuck
Last modified: 2016-02-15 05:18:53 EST
Description of problem:
shutting down bunch of vms ~80 vms,
the vms are really stooped -by looking on the vdsm side there is not running vms / kvm processes.
but the engine shows those vm as "powering down", even after refresh capabilities.
attaching logs and thread dumps.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. scale env. 500 hosts 10K vms.
2. shutting down vms related to small cluster (37 hosts, 3K vms) - we have two cluster on this environment.
engine didn't notice that the vms are down already.
list the vms as down, as long they down.
Created attachment 1119138 [details]
engine logs and threads dumps
Created attachment 1119139 [details]
- is that for all VMs? Some VMs?
- Can you give an example of a VM to which this has happened?
- Have you looked at the logs to see if anything has happened to it?
Changed the wrong bug, restoring defaults and setting correct team
this bug currently not reproduced.
i'll re-open it, in case we faced it again.