_samba_ rebased to version 4.4.4
The _samba_ packages have been upgraded to upstream version 4.4.4, which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version:
* The WINS nsswitch module now uses the *libwbclient* library for WINS queries. Note that the "winbind" daemon must be running to resolve WINS names that use the module.
* The default value of the "winbind expand groups" option has been changed from "1" to "0".
* The "-u" and "-g" options of the "smbget" command have been replaced with the "-U" option to match other Samba command's parameter. The "-U" option accepts a "username[%password]" value. Additionally, the "username" and "password" parameters in the "smbgetrc" configuration file have been replaced with the "user" parameter.
* The "-P" parameter of the "smbget" command has been removed.
* Printing using the "CUPS" back end with Kerberos credentials now requires to install the _samba-krb5-printing_ package and to configure CUPS appropriately.
* It is now possible to configure Samba as a print server by using the CUPS back end with Kerberos credentials. To do so, install the _samba-krb5-printing_ package and configure CUPS appropriately.
* Samba and CTDB header files are no longer installed automatically when you install _samba_.
Samba automatically updates its tdb database files when the "smbd", "nmbd", or "winbind" daemon starts. Back up the databases files before starting Samba. Note that Red Hat does not support downgrading tdb database files.
Note that using the Linux kernel CIFS module with SMB protocol 3.1.1 is currently experimental and the functionality is unavailable in kernels provided by Red Hat.
For further information about notable changes, read the upstream release notes before updating: