Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1303111
[RFE] Add fencing Domain "RHEV-M" to the possible fencing domains
Last modified: 2016-02-04 08:28:50 EST
1. What is the nature and description of the request?
Add an additional Fencing domain besides Cluster, DC and Other DC to RHEV-M
2. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
As RHEV-M already decides if a host should be fenced, it could also act as a proxy for that action as well.
Additionally it will simplify firewall setups in some scenarios as well.
3. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Add a fourth Proxy Domain for fencing to the existing ones.
So we would finally have:
* other DC
There is no need to change the defaults. So by default the Order stays as is:
4. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Only have RHEV-M as fencing proxy and check if a fencing action work.
5. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
6. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
Best within RHEV 3.6 lifecycle
7. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
8. List any affected packages or components.
* fencing-agents need to be installed on RHEV-M
9. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 891085 ***