Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1303152
[RFE] Provide a Java SDK for API consumption
Last modified: 2017-11-02 13:22:15 EDT
1. Proposed title of this feature request
Provide a Java SDK for API consumption
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
A Java SDK should be provided, documented and supported for easier consumption of the Satellite 6 API in Java.
A Java SDK is already available for RHEV, this request is about providing equivalent SDK covering the Satellite 6 API.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
To facilitate the consumption of the Satellite 6 API in Java code.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
- A Java SDK for Satellite 6 is provided.
- The Java SDK provides the same level of functionality that is currently available in the REST API.
- The Java SDK is properly documented.
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
- The Java SDK can be downloaded and installed.
- The Java SDK provides methods for all the currently available API calls and supports all options already available.
- The documentation for Java SDK can be downloaded or reviewed online and covers all aspects of the SDK.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Thank you for your interest in Satellite 6. We have evaluated this request, and we do not expect this to be implemented in product in the forseeable future. We are therefore closing this out as WONTFIX. If you have any concerns about this, please feel free to contact Rich Jerrido or Bryan Kearney. Thank you.