Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1304990
[RFE] Contract Improvements
Last modified: 2016-08-11 04:50:33 EDT
We want to improve how what data is sent to different versions of vdsm or ovirt-engine. By having this mechanism we can keep well defined interface between vdsm and ovirt-engine which enable us to evolve APIs.
In order to make it happen we need to:
- convert existing api schema from json like format to yaml
- start using new schema on both sides
- add event format to the schema
- enforce contract on both sides
Moving from 4.0 alpha to 4.0 beta since 4.0 alpha has been already released and bug is not ON_QA.
QE - CodeChange, thus just sanity.
The following was posted:
1. convert existing api schema from json like format to yaml
2. start using new schema on VDSM
3. add event format to the schema
Only the first two will be part of this RFE.
The third item will be pushed as part of another RFE (yet to be opened), hopefully accepted as an exception to 4.0.
This bug was fixed and is slated to be in the upcoming version. As we
are focusing our testing at this phase on severe bugs, this bug was
closed without going through its verification step. If you think this
bug should be verified by QE, please set its severity to high and move
it back to ON_QA