*** Bug 1434051 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 1454578 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 1619673 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
(adding a public comment #10 to make this BZ public)
Proposed title of this feature request
User can control the information send from Satellite to capsule.
What is the nature and description of the request?
Till now Satellite user cant control the information which is sent from Satellite to each capsule. Customer's Capsules are globally based in different time zones over limited bandwidth links.
In this scenario there should be an option to control over the information send from Satellite to capsule.
This RFE will also add support for controlling policy for if and when capsule syncs occur.
Currently Capsule syncs are always automatic after Content View publish and promotions and users may not want this automatic synchronization to occur and desire to instead control this manually.
Users may also wish to have a schedule in place, much like our existing Sync Plans but also apply to Capsule Syncs so they can know when the syncs occur.
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/25633 has been resolved.
*** Bug 1660252 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
by following manual reproducer:
1) Have a Satellite with external Capsule installed
2) Create LFE "Dev"
3) Assign the Capsule to Dev LFE
4) Activate the new setting in Administer -> Settings -> Content -> Sync Capsules after Content View promotion to "No"
5) Sync some repo, publish "Test View" CV out of it and promote to "Dev" LFE
6) Check capsule file storage for "Test View" CV artifacts:
# find /var/lib/pulp -name *Test_View*
>>> CV is not synced automatically to the capsule
7) Deactivate the new setting "Sync Capsules after Content View promotion" to "Yes" (which is default)
8) Sync some repo, publish "Test View 2" CV out of it and promote to "Dev" LFE
9) Check capsule file storage for "Test View 2" CV artifacts:
# find /var/lib/pulp -name *Test_View_2*
>>> CV is now synced automatically to the capsule as it was original behavior before the fix
and after auto sync capsule task is performed all artifacts are there:
# find /var -name *Test_View_2*
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.