Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1306541
osad failover does not work
Last modified: 2016-06-16 04:06:50 EDT
Description of problem:
osad failover does not work.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Register a client against a Spacewalk Proxy server.
2. Configure multiple Spacewalk Proxies in 'serverURL' option in file /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date :
3. Set "enable_failover = 1" in file /etc/sysconfig/rhn/osad.conf
4. Stop the Spacewalk Proxy services in the first Proxy server listed in 'serverURL' by running "rhn-proxy stop" in that Spacewalk Proxy.
5. Start 'osad' service.
'osad' tries to connect to the first Spacewalk Proxy defined in 'serverURL' only.
After failing, 'osad' does not try to connect to any other Spacewalk Proxy server listed in 'serverURL' nor to the Spacewalk Server.
So 'osad' tries to connect to the first server in 'serverURL' only despite failover mode being enabled.
After failing, 'osad' iterates through the list of servers in 'serverURL' until it successfully connects to one of them:
- osad tries to connect to proxy1.
- if that fails, osad tries to connect to proxy2.
- if that fails, osad tries to connect to proxy3.
- if that fails, osad tries to connect to Spacewalk Server.
If 'osad' is not connected to the first server in 'serverURL' and such server becomes available, osad reconnects to it within 5 minutes.
Spacewalk 2.5 was released.