Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1306641
Use of Format property in Properties window in source model doesn't seem to work
Last modified: 2016-02-15 08:47:14 EST
Description of problem:
We have a use case where we have to replace datatypes with alternate
SHIPPING_DATE and RETURN_DUE_DATE on CUSTOMER_ORDER_LINE_COPY from DATE to string field of 10 (dd-mm-yyyy) and name it STR_SHIPPING_DATE, STR_RETURN_DUE_DATE respectibly.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a table with a date field (I was using MySQL in the above example)
2. Create a connection profile to the database
3. Import tabel as a source model in Teiid Designer using the connection profile created before
4. select the date field in the source model
5. Change Datatype property from date to string
6. Change Format property to dd-MM-yyyy
Date are not conform the dd-MM-yyyy format. Iow no transformation done despite the fact of Format property filled in
Date transformation to dd-MM-yyyy
Workaround is to create a view model on top of it and do the transformation there.
Can you specify the version of desinger you are using ?
Also, we are tracking Teiid Designer issues in JIRA. I created new JIRA and attached it. I will close this BZ later.
8.0.5 the latest
JBoss Developer Studio 8.1.0GA
Integration Stack including the Teiid Designer plugins 8.0.5
Thank you, I'll close this BZ, I updated the JIRA and this issue will be tracked there.