Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1307131
Customize the DNS domain
Last modified: 2017-06-22 17:28:27 EDT
- What is the nature and description of the request?
As an admin I require the ability to change the DNS domain.
- Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Because Kubernetes allows for this to change so that a different DNS(SkyDNS) can resolve the domain.
- How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Change a configuration file that will change the DNS Doamin for the environment.
- For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Change the DNS Domain from "cluster.local" to anything else and modify the DNS to resolve to the new domain.
- Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
Not that I could find.
Pull request 7446 will address this bug.
This seems to be implemented upstream in Kubernetes now. Closing.
We don't use kube-dns