Description of problem:
1. Make a terminal window narrower.
2. Hit Enter until you get to the bottom of the window.
3. Type jibberish until the terminal line wraps, then hit Enter.
4. Re-expand the terminal window.
5. Press the up-arrow key to go through the commandline history.
It will interact in a bizarre fashion and work it's way up the screen.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
6.13-1, 6.12-8, RHEL 3.
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on the solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.