Created redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/16503 from this bug
Upstream Katello PR: https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/6310
Version Tested: Satellite-6.3 Snap 11
Composite content views now show if there are newer versions available of the content views that comprise the composite.
I performed the following steps to verify this issue:
1. Created 2 content views and published them,
2. Created 1 composite content view comprised of the other two.
3. Set one to 'latest' and the other to the latest version. and published the composite view.
4. published new versions of the original content views
5. looked on the composite view's content view list. The "latest" was already at the newest version, and the other listed that a newer version was available, and listed newest version.
Created attachment 1314406 [details]
composite view displays a newer version available
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.