Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1309928
[doc] New guide: "DevOps:using Ansible to create a ceph Deployment"
Last modified: 2016-08-23 15:31:02 EDT
Description of problem:
We want to introduce a new document to describe how a customer can integrate their own deployment process for Ceph using Red Hat supported Ansible modules.
As this is an open-ended exercise, the guide just needs to walk the customer through the operation of the ansible modules.
I recommend Documentation ask Dev or QE for assistance as the outline for this document ( effectively, a documented example of how to create a Ceph cluster using Ansible ) is something that developers do every day. Even a shell log of their work would provide a good starting point.
This is separate from the other two setup references to be included in 2.0
(1) creating a cluster with pure CLI — this is documentation existing upstream, we agreed with J Wilkins to port this downstream as well. This is a new document.
(2) An update of the existing install guides to use USM instead of Ceph deploy. This is an update to the existing primary guides for RHEL and Ubuntu.
(1) and (2) are separate items from this one, and tracked by other bugs.
1. Doc (mentioned in comment#4 ) doesnt have any info about Calamari installation for ceph installation using ansible - '3.2. INSTALLING RED HAT CEPH STORAGE USING ANSIBLE '
2. Doc doesnt talk about rbd-mirroring.
Hence Moving back to assigned state
Harish is correct in https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1309928#c7
Calamari API is absolutely supported in ceph-2.0. Storage Console depends on it to work.
Moving this to assigned state based on comments 9, 7 and 5(1).
Added a monitor section illustrating how to enable Calamari API.
Deployment of ceph cluster using ansible looks good to me.
(there are few bugs in bug but those are being tracked by other Doc bugs, hence moving this to verified state)
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.