1. Proposed title of this feature request
[RFE] remove GLOB_LIMIT_STAT from OpenSSH
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
In OpenSSH we have introduced GLOB_LIMIT_STAT (*glob.patch) which limits the amount of
files shown by wildcard search (like ls *) via sft session to 8192 files (bz 1160377).
Other distributions do not have this limit and it should be removed.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Customer is searching/listing directories with sometimes more than 50k files which is
much more than the 8192 files limit currently in place and therefore the limit is preventing
customer scripts from working.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Preferred is that the limit gets completely removed, if not feasible it should be made
configurable to any value intended.
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Remove the limit and test ls via sftp session on a directory containing 50k+ files. 'ls' should returna complete listing of the directory (not limited output)
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
Found none, but had bz 1160377 open to raise the limit to 8192
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Removing RFE tag, since it is more "bugfix" of what was broken in Fedora than RFE.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.