Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1310555
docker compute resource pre-fills and overrides username when empty value is stored
Last modified: 2017-08-04 09:19:08 EDT
Description of problem:
When editing a docker compute resource, if it has emtpy credentials (username/password), WebUI automatically - everytime - fills admin/****** there.
Please get rid of the automatic pre-filling of credentials when editing a docker compute resource. It tries to override what is really stored, confuses a user and attempts to store data a user does not want.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a docker compute resource with empty credentials. Test connection it is OK.
2. Edit the docker compute resource.
3. Test Connection.
4. Save it.
2. shows admin/****** credentials, despite _emtpy_ were inserted.
3. Test fails with Docker::Error::AuthenticationError - despite it was working before.
4. The username is really saved (you can check this by running:
su - postgres -c "psql foreman -c \"select * from compute_resources;\""
before and after the save)
2. to show whatever I stored, not overriding anything
3. test connection to pass
4. not storing the username
Yet another scenario:
5. when editing the compute resource, remove "admin" from the username and click to Test connection.
6. check "admin" has been filled there again
That means, a user clicking to Test connection (that passes) and then to Submit, "admin" username is stored instead of empty one. Such confusing.
Moving 6.2 bugs out to sat-backlog.
Thank you for your interest in Satellite 6. We have evaluated this request, and we do not expect this to be implemented in product in the forseeable future. We are therefore closing this out as WONTFIX. If you have any concerns about this, please feel free to contact Rich Jerrido or Bryan Kearney. Thank you.