Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1311305
On KDE, some actions (such as mount external drives via Dolphin) are forbidden
Last modified: 2016-03-08 15:06:06 EST
Created attachment 1129924 [details]
Error while mounting external drives
Description of problem:
I found 3 issue while testing the 20160223 compose of Fedora Rawhide (KDE):
1) I'm not able to mount external drives. I receive the message "Not authorized to perform operation".
2) I'm not able to check the updates via Apper. I receive the message "Failed to obtain the authentication"
3) I don't receive messages, but clicking on the "System" button on ABRT - in order to read about system's crashes - does nothing.
I was suspecting that these issue are all caused by the lack of a polkit agent. But, according to "ps aux", "polkitd" and "polkit-authentication-agent-1" seems to be up and running.
However, no popup window has pinged me for passwords nor authentication. I'm pretty sure all of the above issues share a common cause, but I'll file new bugs if needed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Launch a Plasma session.
2. Try to mount an external drive.
3. Try to Check updates with Apper.
4. Try to read ABRT's system reports.
Steps 2, 3 and 4 fail because there isn't an easy way to input the user's credentials.
Users should be able to mount external drives, updates their system with Apper and use every feature of ABRT. When needed, a modal window should pop up in order to provide an obvious way to provide passwords nor login names.
1. The user is not in the "wheel" group.
2. I'm testing with qemu-kvm and I can download and install a more recent compose (or update the system via dnf), if needed.
3. I'm attaching two screenshot in order to illustrate the issues.
Created attachment 1129925 [details]
Error while checking updates with Apper
(In reply to Giulio 'juliuxpigface' from comment #0)
> 2. I'm testing with qemu-kvm and I can download and install a more recent
> compose (or update the system via dnf), if needed.
Tonight I've applied the pending updates, including the brand new"kf5-plasma-5.19.0-2.fc24.x86_64". I can confirm the issue is still present.
I've tested this with an up to date F24 qemu-kvm guest.
I'm closing this bug report since I can't reproduce the issues anymore.