Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1312879
cannot refresh host devices of a host when device is assigned to multiple VMs
Last modified: 2016-04-21 10:38:25 EDT
Created attachment 1131523 [details]
Description of problem:
The refresh host capabilities button should refresh host devices. If a single host device (tested with USB) is assigned to multiple VMs, host device capabilities are not refreshed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Assign a host device to >1 VM (USB mouse was used in this case),
2. remove the device from host,
3. refresh host capabilities.
The device list should be refreshed to reflect current host configuration.
The device list is *not* updated at all, including a device that was physically removed from the host.
Removing the devices from VMs seems to act as a workaround. Also found occurence of #1306333.
Created attachment 1131525 [details]
1. Plug USB device, refresh host capabilities and verify USB device is listed in host --> host devices sub tab.
2. Attach same USB device to 2 VMs.
3. Move host to maintenance (maintenance because hotplug/unplug is not supported yet).
4. unplug the device and activate host.
5. Verify USB device detached from both VMs and is not listed in the host --> host devices sub tab.
Note: in several cases, bug https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1306333 can affect refresh host capabilities, and till this bug will be fixed, a restart of host libvirtd service can workaround this issue.