Created from redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/11612
Upstream bug assigned to firstname.lastname@example.org
This seemingly simple sounding bug is complicated but super important, because the following items have to be updated
1) Model level association updates between an Ostree Branch and Repo
2) Updates to search page
3) Recognition of Ostree Branch as a first class entity along similar lines to what package/package groups are for yum repos
tracking this upstream at https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/5842 .
Moving to POST since upstream bug http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/11612 has been closed
Following things need to get accomplished for this
1) In a model similar to https://github.com/Katello/katello/blob/master/app/models/katello/rpm.rb add a unit for ostree. It should be simpler (nothing to index or search really since all this model will store is repository it belongs to and an integer for the units)
2) Create migrations for this table, similar to https://github.com/Katello/katello/blob/master/db/migrate/20150613134559_add_rpm.rb (again only one metadata column to be stored for now)
3) Add code to implement update_from_json method https://github.com/Katello/katello/blob/master/app/models/katello/rpm.rb#L40
4) Add ostree references here in the index_content https://github.com/Katello/katello/blob/master/app/models/katello/glue/pulp/repo.rb#L775
5) Add entries for ostree in th content unit counts https://github.com/Katello/katello/blob/master/app/views/katello/api/v2/repositories/base.json.rabl#L14
6) Sync and make sure the numbers show up in Sync/CV Publishes and other places.
7) Also if possible in pages showing ostree units also show branches :) - extra credit
Applied in changeset commit:katello|d1285151b86755eb5355fa790ebc109a4e476eae.
Changes in the UI for this -> https://partha.fedorapeople.org/ostree-prs/PR-5858/
Verified with sat6.2 beta snap6.
I can see OSTree content count at following places.
1. Under repository info via hammer
2. After sync, under repository details page on webUI
3. On version tab of CV, after publish/promote CV containing ostree contents
4. and OSTree units updated with OSTree branches.
Please see upcoming comments/screenshot for verification
repository info shows OSTree content count
[root@cloud-qe-15 ~]# hammer -u admin -p changeme repository info --organization-id 1 --id 8 --product ostree
Organization: Default Organization
Red Hat Repository: no
Content Type: ostree
Publish Via HTTP: no
Published At: https://cloud-qe-15.idmqe.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com/pulp/ostree/web/Default_Organization-ostree-f23_ostree
Relative Path: Default_Organization/Library/custom/ostree/f23_ostree
Last Sync Date: about 2 hours
Created: 2016/03/31 08:13:53
Updated: 2016/03/31 08:13:55
OSTree Branches: 2
Created attachment 1142140 [details]
repository details page shows OSTree branch count
Created attachment 1142141 [details]
published/promoted content-view shows ostree content count
Created attachment 1142142 [details]
composite_CV also correctly shows the ostree branch count
Verified as per comment8.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.