Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1315817
Facts are deleted when a discovered host is provisioned, breaking kexec template for PXEless
Last modified: 2016-07-27 05:26:34 EDT
Host facts get cleared, which breaks the `ip=` line in the kexec template:
"append": "ks=http://192.168.121.45:3000/unattended/provision?token=05d805c7-21be-46af-89cb-18c5a18527a1&static=yes inst.ks.sendmac ip=::::::none nameserver= ksdevice=bootif BOOTIF= "
We need to preserve the discovery_* facts, or better - preserve all of them, what if a discovery user wants to use custom discovery facts in a provision template?
Created from redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/14100
Found this nasty bug during the PXEless demo today. Foreman now clears facts on build:
Moving to POST since upstream bug http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/14100 has been closed
Applied in changeset commit:foreman_discovery|9384b9f3c960f4158772ec667cf28bfec51bfe24.
Verified in Satellite-6.2-beta-Snap5.1
1. Provision a pxeless discovery host
2. In the discovery boot add some custom facts like the following:
- discovery_fact1 = value1
- discovery_fact2 = value2
- fact3 = value3
- fact4 = value4
3. Locate the discovered host in UI
4. Review to make sure all 4 facts from above show up in the discovered host. Note that the last two facts will be under the Misc section.
5. Auto provision the discovered host with discovery rules based on facts above.
6. After provisioning, review the host.
- First two facts still show up in the host
- Last two facts are gone.
*** Bug 1338062 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.