Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1315917
[RFE] Support exposing secret keys in environment variables
Last modified: 2016-05-12 10:52:37 EDT
1. Proposed title of this feature request
Support exposing secret keys in environment variables
2. Who is the customer behind the request?
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Exposing secret keys in environment variables has been supported after the release upstream kuberentes v1.2.0-alpha.7. The customer needs the feature in RH's kubernetes package.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
The feature will allow their Kubernetes cluster to be compliant with security, allowing secure management of containers including authorization and credentials of communications with their external systems.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
No. But it has already implemented in upstream.
PR : https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/18298
*NOTE* It contains kubernetes v1.2.0-alpha.7.
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.