From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.2)
Description of problem:
A newer version of parted is out, which fixes issues related to the
correct reporting of the mount state of partitions under kernel
From the changelog:
2004-09-06 Andrew Clausen <email@example.com>
* released 1.6.14
2004-09-05 Andrew Clausen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* libparted/disk_dos.c (partition_probe_bios_geometry): fixed the
call ped_partition_is_active... it wasn't a function call before!
2004-09-04 Andrew Clausen <email@example.com>
* libparted/disk_dos.c (chs_get_sector): a bitmask operation is more
* libparted/disk_dos.c (chs_to_sector, probe_partition_for_geom):
replaced 1022 with 1023 for consistency.
* libparted/disk_dos.c (probe_partition_for_geom): added assertions that
test if the goal has been met.
* libparted/disk_dos.c (read_table, msdos_alloc_metadata):
Use PED_PARTITION_NORMAL instead of 0.
* libparted/disk_dos.c (msdos_alloc_metadata, add_startend_metadata):
Now make sure the placeholder/metadata partitions never overlap with
partitions. Should get rid of the "overlapping partitions" error
* released 1.6.13
2004-09-03 Andrew Clausen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* libparted/disk_dos.c (disk_probe_bios_geometry): check if the partition
is active before querying if it has the boot flag set. This prevents
some spurious error exceptions from ped_partition_get_flag().
* libparted/disk_dos.c (read_table): if we have an invalid partition table
signature, we now ignore the entire partition table rather than
2004-08-31 Andrew Clausen <email@example.com>
* doc/API: fixed PedDevice documentation.
* libparted/disk_dos.c (msdos_partition_duplicate): now duplicates
2004-08-29 Andrew Clausen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* libparted/linux.c (_mount_table_search): now works by comparing device
major/minor rather than device names.
* libparted/linux.c (_partition_is_mounted, _partition_is_mounted_by_path,
linux_is_busy): minor cosmetic changes.
* parted/parted.c (_partition_warn_busy): removed the "Ignore" option.
Users *must* unmount!
2004-08-17 Andrew Clausen <email@example.com>
* libparted/exception.c (log2): renamed to ped_log2 to avoid clash with
a new gcc builtin. Bug reported by David Ronis (thanks!)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. This is a request for enhancement
1.6.12 is already built and has been for a couple of weeks now. I
can't build newer until after test 2 is released (things are frozen at
1.6.19 is currently in Rawhide. Closing this bug. Reopen if problems show back up.