Description of problem:
Latest available packages are not listed in the update list over the Satellite Server Web UI
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Sync any Red Hat Repository with the latest packages or create an custom product and add a custom repository to it with the Packages uploaded.
2. Content Hosts is using the above Content View.
3. Now navigate to Host --> Content Host --> Select particular Content Hosts --> Click on Packages tab --> Select Package Action as (Package Update)
4. Once Package Update is selected it should list the packages that are available for update to that Content Hosts.
It does not list the packages for the available Content Hosts both for Custom and Red Hat Repository
It should list the packages for the available Content Hosts both for Custom and Red Hat Repository
Navigate to Host --> Content Host --> Select particular Content Hosts --> Click on Packages tab --> Select Package Action as (Package Install)
- It list the packages that are installed over the Content Hosts including the packages installed from the Custom Repository.
- Clicking on update all button do update all the packages that are available for update, but it does not provide the option to select the packages that we wish to update over the Content Hosts
Connecting redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/5148 from this bug
Verified with Satellite 6.3 SNAP 14: satellite-6.3.0-17.0.beta.el7sat.noarch, tfm-rubygem-katello-3.4.5-1.el7sat.noarch
With Satellite 6.3, user can now see a summary from the Content Hosts listing the number packages that need upgrading on the content host. In addition, they can go to the content host (Packages -> Applicable Packages) to see the list and perform package upgrades.
Attaching screenshots of the new UI.
Created attachment 1322800 [details]
Satellite 6.3 - Content Host listing - shows package updates needed
Created attachment 1322801 [details]
Satellite 6.3 - Content Host - Applicable Packages
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.