Description of problem:
*.lyx files are not being opened in lyx by default.
The right click Open With menu does not offer lyx either.
Neither does Open With/Other Application... allow to
configure lyx, only says "No applications found for ...".
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install lyx from EPEL for EL7
2. Obtain a lyx file or use the lyx from step 1 to create one
3. Double-click on the said lyx file in
The file is opened in Gedit.
The file is opened in LyX.
- File properties correctly detects file as application/x-lyx.
- lyx.desktop has MimeType=application/x-lyx;text/x-lyx;
- What lyx.desktop does NOT have is an %f on the Exec= line.
With Exec=lyx %f, LyX does show up in the Open With menu, as
well as as the recommended application in Open With/Other
Application.... The default appears to remain gedit, however.
Thanks, I'll take a look.
lyx-2.1.4-7.el7 has been submitted as an update to Fedora EPEL 7. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2016-43a7e6bf0a
lyx-2.1.4-7.el7 has been pushed to the Fedora EPEL 7 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Updates_Testing for
instructions on how to install test updates.
You can provide feedback for this update here: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2016-43a7e6bf0a
lyx-2.1.4-7.el7 has been pushed to the Fedora EPEL 7 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.