Description of problem:
Lets say there are two organizations A and B. Organization A has Puppet environment A_puppet_env. The Puppet environment A_puppet_env was changed on Satellite (puppet modules were added), but Satellite database wasn't updated (the puppet modules were not imported). Organization B has a user B_user, that is not in organization A. The B_user has permissions to import puppet classes and environments for *organization B*. When the B_user will go to Puppet classes page (https://satellite.com/puppetclasses) and will click on "import from satellite.com" he will see the Puppet environment A_puppet_env. If the B_user will select the A_puppet_env and click "update" he will get: "Validation failed: Name has already been taken".
1. The user shouldn't see the A_puppet_env
2. The user should see only Puppet environments associated in Satellite
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create two organizations A and B
2. Create Content view in organization A with puppet modules, and publish
3. Create user B_user (non admin) with permissions to import puppet classes and environment in organization B
4. login as B_user, got to Puppet classes page
5. click "import from satellite.com"
6. select puppet organization A puppet environment
7. click update
"Validation failed: Name has already been taken"
User doesn't see organization A environments
The taxonomies as written today don't provide a good way for namespacing the resources, as a resource can belong to multiple orgnaizations/locations. Flagging to sat-future and cloning to upstream to get into the right tracker
Created redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/14835 from this bug
Upstream bug component is Security
Upstream bug component is Organizations and Locations
This was triaged to upstream on https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1329992#c1
Thank you for your interest in Satellite 6. We have evaluated this request, and we do not expect this to be implemented in the product in the foreseeable future. We are therefore closing this out as WONTFIX. If you have any concerns about this, please feel free to contact Rich Jerrido or Bryan Kearney. Thank you.