Note for QE:
In his downstream v1 review, Michael recommended that I backport upstream 53db092ad1c8 as well.
I just did; that change however implies a small change to the test steps I wrote up in bug 1248758 comment 42 (and this difference is specific to the RHEL-7.3 qemu-kvm backport): for the DSDT table, most of the fields (OEM ID, OEM Table ID, ASL Compiler fields etc) will change with this bugfix *unconditionally* (regardless of the presence of a SLIC table). Namely:
-ACPI: DSDT ... 01137 (v01 BXPC BXDSDT 00000001 INTL 20150619)
+ACPI: DSDT ... 01137 (v01 BOCHS BXPCDSDT 00000001 BXPC 00000001)
So this modifies points (7) and (8), when bug 1248758 comment 42 is applied for testing the RHEL-7.3 qemu-kvm backport. Thanks.
Fix included in qemu-kvm-1.5.3-112.el7
Note for QE: when verifying this BZ, no regression testing is necessary beyond what I have already written up in comment 3 here, and in bug 1248758 comment 42. (That item already contains regression tests.) Thanks.
Reproduce against qemu-kvm-1.5.3-111.el7.x86_64 and verified against qemu-kvm-1.5.3-122.el7.x86_64.
Test against rhel7.3 host, from (7) of https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1248758#c42
-ACPI: RSDT 000000003ffffabf 00034 (v01 BOCHS BXPCRSDT 00000001 BXPC 00000001)
-ACPI: FACP 000000003ffff177 00074 (v01 BOCHS BXPCFACP 00000001 BXPC 00000001)
-ACPI: DSDT 000000003fffe040 01137 (v01 BXPC BXDSDT 00000001 INTL 20150619)
+ACPI: RSDT 000000003ffffabf 00034 (v01 ABRACA DABRAXYZ 00000001 BXPC 00000001)
+ACPI: FACP 000000003ffff177 00074 (v01 ABRACA DABRAXYZ 00000001 BXPC 00000001)
+ACPI: DSDT 000000003fffe040 01137 (v01 BOCHS BXPCDSDT 00000001 BXPC 00000001)
Per comment 3 and comment 8, move to verified
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.