Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 133166
EXT3 enters read-only mode
Last modified: 2015-01-04 17:09:54 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686) Gecko/20040319 Galeon/1.3.7
Description of problem:
The laptop was a Toshiba Satellite 2410 running Fedora Core 2 with all
updates and NVIDIA 1.0.6111 as of 17/09/2004.
- Error messages display on console that says the filesystem Journal
cannot be written to disk.
- All partitions are then read-only
- I can access files and copy files from the partitions over the
network but not write to them.
- If I reboot the system fsck reports errors (such as invalid or
duplicate inodes) and certain files contain corrupted data in them.
- Also, this seems happen when the laptop is in idle mode for some
time 3 or so hours and the laptop power management features are active
(screen blanks out).
This has happened 3 times so I went back to Core 1.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 73733 ***