From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040914
Description of problem:
As I plugged in an USB memory stick formatted with vfat filesystem
containing files named in Japanese, the device is mounted automatically.
If the device does not include no file titled in Japanese, it works
corrently. But, if it includes files titled in Japanese, Nautilus
When the device is plugged in, the following description is added to
/dev/sda1 /media/usbdisk vfat
noauto,user,exec,kudzu,noatime,sync 0 0
but I mount it manually with "iocharset=utf8" option, it works correctly.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot system with GNOME.
2. Plug in an USB memory stick formatted with vfat filesystem
containing files named in Japanese.
Actual Results: Nautilus is crashed and become unable to unmount the
Expected Results: The storage device should be mounted with
appropriate option such as
to make the files named in Japanese readable correctly.
The present kernel version is "kernel-2.6.8-1.541".
Created attachment 104144 [details]
Eerror message of /var/log/messages
This is not a hal bug - it looks more to me like a kernel or Nautilus
bug. Reassigning to Nautilus for now.
Surely this is a kernel bug, there is even an oops in the log.
This sounds similar to bug 129966
An update has been released for Fedora Core 3 (kernel-2.6.12-1.1372_FC3) which
may contain a fix for your problem. Please update to this new kernel, and
report whether or not it fixes your problem.
If you have updated to Fedora Core 4 since this bug was opened, and the problem
still occurs with the latest updates for that release, please change the version
field of this bug to 'fc4'.
I tried mounting my usb flash memory both Fedora Core 3 and Fedora Core 4, and
the lastest kernel seems to work very well.
In fact, I have not faced with this bug since I updated the kernel of Fedora
Core 3 for a long time before. I'm sorry that I don't remember what the kernel
version is. But I think this bug was related to bug #129966.
Thank you for fixing bugs.