Description of problem:
After adding Virtualization (or Virtualization Platform) entitlement to virtualization host all its guests start consuming Regular software entitlements instead of Flex entitlements.
And then it is not possible to convert guests to Flex manually
1) Overview > Subscrption Management > Virtualization Entitlement > Guests Consuming Regular Entitlements (/rhn/systems/entitlements/EligibleFlexGuests.do)
2) select one guest
3) get message: "Converted 0 system(s) to use Flex Guest Entitlement."
- Virtual guests registered later consumes Flex entitlement as expected.
- If you remove Virtualization entitlement from host all guests are switched back to Flex.
- Workaround: You can unsubscribe all software channels and then subscribe them back to consume flex entitlement again.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Register virtual host to Satellite
2. Register its guests to Satellite
all guests consume Flex entitlements
3. Add Virtualization ent. to host
all guests automatically switched to consume regular ent.
virtual guests switched to Regular ent.
virtual guests still consumes Flex ent.
The expectations in this BZ are wrong.
Flex entitlements can be consumed only by virtual guests, those virtual host isn't registered with Satellite 5. So, what is described in the BZ, sounds like the expected behavior.
Closing as NOTABUG.